City of Adelaide Outdoor Activation Grants
Through funding of $330,000 provided by the State Government of South Australia, applications are now open for the City of Adelaide Outdoor Activation Grant.
This grant is to facilitate medium to long term street level improvements for city businesses. Up to $10,000 per business is available for currently active small businesses and property owners to access. The grant will cover 80 per cent of eligible improvements, with businesses required to fund 20 per cent of the project costs.
Businesses are encouraged to implement ideas that will support them to:
- Activate the outdoor areas adjacent to their business
- Enhance the presentation of a building or business
- Complement the character of the surrounding area and contribute to amenity and a more interesting and exciting street experience.
Eligible improvements include:
- Fixed external heating and cooling devices
- Non-fixed outdoor dining furniture
- Awnings/shade provisions
- Repainting of external shop frontage, including artwork and murals
- Adding external materials that provide attractive detail, such as texture or tiling
- Improving accessibility for all users
- Adding greening elements such as planting vines, green walls or window boxes
- Addition of bi-fold windows to the street front
The Guidelines and online application form can be found at https://www.cityofadelaide.com.au/about-council/grants-sponsorship-incentives/outdoor-activation-grant/ and a copy of the guidelines is attached for your information.